Frontpage   Releases   Forum   Documents   Downloads   Links   Join Us!   Disclaimer   Contact Us

Author Topic: Unsufficient file permissions in your Il-2 Game folder (BITDEFENDER FIX~SOLVED!)  (Read 7241 times)

Offline Boomer

• Global Moderator
  • IL2 Addict
damn right antivirus/tabs...firewalls and all are confusing  :laugh:
that is a for sure  :thumb:

glad it all worked out eventually,it will help a lot of others also
you posting your troubles with it and how to solve the issue

:cheers:

Offline Snacko

Thanks.  For some reason, I cannot get OpenGL AA and AF to work.  I'm have an ATI 4870x2 and not using CCC just ATI Tray Tools.  I have forced OpenGL AA to x6 and AF to x16, but all edges are still stairstep for some reason.  Another weird problem...

Offline Snacko

Update:
I did finally get AA to work in IL2 UP3 when I finally gave up on the ATI Tray tools and installed CCC.  Not sure why, but the ATI TT don't seem to work for me anymore.  Also upgraded to new 11.8 drivers which seem to work fine.

Offline Redwulf__1

• A Wulf never walks alone
    • JV 44 The Redwulf Squadron
Definitely a Bitdefender Problem

Also coming up with the new Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012. Solving the problem is a bit different to Bitdefender Internet S.

1. open Bitdefender 2012
2. Virus Protection ^( click in the middle of the Icon that opens Properties )
3. Choose exclusions and enable Exceptions for select files
4. Then choose the whole IL2 installation folder and the IL2.exe and JSGME file

BUT

now go further with 5, because your game is not starting

5. go back to Bitdefender HOME
6. choose events ( you should see entries like Potentially dangerous process found )
7.Choose and use the button allow ( an exception is now established )

That should solve the problem

"A Wulf never walks alone"
Kommodore of JV 44
The Redwulf Squadron

Offline SAS~Storebror

• Consultants
  • Air Brakes don't.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
We're sorry for the Bitdefender and Kaspersky issues. Kaspersky already stated that it's a false positive from their "PDM" (proactive defense) triggered by the selector application recreating itself (i.e. the selector creates the game launcher executable on the fly with appropriate settings, for instance memory limits).
We're aware of the issues and are currently working on a whole different approach which should solve all the false positive issues for now and forever.
With a little luck this will make it into the next UP3 release.

Best regards - Mike
'Armor' is a fantasy invented by your C.O. to make you feel better.

Offline StkNRdr

I was so excited that I finally got IL2 running again, this time in Win7, with Bitdefender that I forgot to thank Snacko for his post.

Been working a couple days on this not knowing what it was.  BD can be a rail pain in the a**.

Offline WB_Torgear

well guess what everybody its not fixed!!! im not screaming just hear me out,

i am getting this same error message but here is the thing, i have neither bitdefender nor that other thing they said was fixed... wtf?!?!?!

the instalation path is, C/programfiles/il2 1946  that looks correct to me. ill be pissed if i have to move that damn thing, freaking 11.5 gigs is huge!!!!

any help now?

Offline ChiefKim

Well I heard that Vista and Win 7 really hate things being put in program files that need constant changing, or something like that. Have heard alot of problems associated with IL-2 being in program files, since it's not bitdefender we're talking about just try moving your game to the 'Games' folder or do what I did and re install the game to a new folder on C/Drive.

Offline WB_Torgear

well here is kinda the fix, if your using vista just run in admin the first time and all will start getting better.

Offline packiej

Someone please help me I can't get it going,  When I run the Hakenkreuz file The game stops right when it turns on.  Then when I run the Ultrapack 3
it tells me that it's Unsufficient file access permission in your IL-2 game folder!  Someone please help me and if it doesn't work can someone please send me the link to the ultrapack 2.01.  Someone please help me thanks.
 :rtfm:

Offline Boomer

• Global Moderator
  • IL2 Addict
when I run the Ultrapack 3
it tells me that it's Unsufficient file access permission in your IL-2 game folder!

make sure your game is not installed in the program files (x86) folder
otherwise you can not make changes to your game do to insufficient file crap

Create a new folder named Games on C:Drive or wherever,
 and install or cut and paste your game there

Making sure you are running your computer as an Administrator may also help

Offline EAGLE_Bf-109guy

• Any landing you walk away from is a good one.
    • Bf-109guy's website
I had the same problem.  You have to run the computer on an admin account or it wont work (only for Windows XP) :clapping:.
-Bf-109guy, the founder of the EAGLE Squadron