Frontpage   Releases   Forum   Documents   Downloads   Links   Join Us!   Disclaimer   Contact Us

Author Topic: Carrier Select Problem UP 3.0 RC4  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Sevenup100

Carrier Select Problem UP 3.0 RC4
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:01:51 AM »
I have a problem in regular dogfight or coop missions when there is a carrier base and i try to select it it sais: "Not available spawn places in this base" this only happends with carrier bases for example dogfight/pacific fighters/mission 5 (midway). Does somone knows how to solve it or if its an UP 3 bug?

Thanks

Offline Ganfred

Re: Carrier Select Problem UP 3.0 RC4
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »
Same problem here =C

Offline Nicholaiovitch

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:43:49 PM »
I do believe that there is a problem here.

I first noticed it with the upgrade from RC2 to RC3. I got the same message in a mission that worked fine in RC2 but gave this message at all HB's in a mission that had free standing HB's and spawn placeholders. I posted this mission in the RC4 bug reports but as yet nothing heard.

Since then, I have spent a good deal of time trying to isolate the issue. For example, I find that starting with just one of the HB's (free standing- or carrier if you wish) active and adding each HB one at a time I can get normal spawning until the very last one (7 in total) and then I get the "No available spawn places at this base" showing at all of the mission HB's.

I can only assume that free standing HB's (or carrier HB's) have some sort of total limitation on spawn places for any particular mission. In my mission, I had 7 free standing HB's with 70 spawn placeholders in total.

Interestingly, I can get my mission to run normally by making one HB a regular HB.....but just to throw a spanner in the works....it will only air spawn even though the airfield has dedicated parallel runways on the map!!

Nicholaiovitch :neo:

Offline Sevenup100

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
Thanks for your comment, ill try that, but i hope someone could help us solve this problem. I think playing without carriers is a bit boring after a while.

Thanks for your response

Offline vpalmer

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
I have the same problem with homebases on carriers in missions

Offline Aviar

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »
I have a problem in regular dogfight or coop missions when there is a carrier base and i try to select it it sais: "Not available spawn places in this base" this only happends with carrier bases for example dogfight/pacific fighters/mission 5 (midway). Does somone knows how to solve it or if its an UP 3 bug?

Thanks

Sorry for not posting earlier, but I just saw this thread. The reason: There is a dedicated bug report thread for RC4  http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,4681.0.html and that's where Sevenup100 should have posted.

I took a quick look at this and found a workaround. All you need to do is load the mission into the FMB and SAVE it. (If you want to keep the original mission, just rename the new version.)

The problem is probably in the UP MDS settings. By saving the mission, the updated MDS settings are applied and the mission seems to work as intended.

Aviar