Frontpage   Releases   Forum   Documents   Downloads   Links   Join Us!   Disclaimer   Contact Us

Author Topic: UP's current development status. Please read  (Read 48171 times)

Offline Ldrtom

• ACTA NON VERBA - Action Not Words
Re: UP's current development status. Please read
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
I hate hearing rumors about this kind of stuff. I'd rather hear the facts from a moderator. Also its been awhile since there was a good status update with good details.
´A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week` - General George S. Patton

Offline DD_crash

« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
The real problem is that no can predict how long things will take. Sometimes fixing one thing can break another ;)

Offline Ldrtom

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »
Your still not answering my other question I wish hades would answer it I don't need more rumours.
´A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week` - General George S. Patton

Offline Schwarze_Acht

• UP_DevTeam
  • IL2 Addict
    • 1st BF 109 Tiger Wing
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »
How about let the people do their work which have to be done in the free time?
Did you ever thought about that maibe they have also some other things in real life to do except sitting the whole day and/or night in front of a monitor coding for free?
Most have to go to work, maibe they are married and have family, they also have the right to live a real life, visit some friends and go out to spend some time with friends or anything else.
The time answering questions like this is (sorry to say it that hard way) wasted time because it's a part of the free time they could spend having some ideas how to go a step further to final version.

Some things are not so easy to resolve, we all want a perfect game, we all want a final version without bugs...
To hurry and launch a final version for later realizing that it have some other bugs, is that really what you want to have? I am 100% sure that you wan't that.
I have no problem using RC4 and I am happy with it, sure I also would like the next version and head on what is coming after this. Everyone want that, but it seems that some have more PATIENCE than others.

Seems some of you forgot that the guys which do all those worksarounds are NOT living together, are NOT living even in the same town or country.
A real meeting and talk about what have to be done or finished is not possible,  think about that before you go on doing postings like this ones.

Maibe it helps comparing UP against WIN8  for example, there are hundreds of people which are working on it, they have the whole day, the have all the ressources you can imagine to work on it and still, after relase of a "Consumer Preview" which is far away from beta stadium, the need a year to launch the final release.
See?  UP 3.0RC Version has been released 26/5/2011 UP 3.0RC4 patch has been released 29/07/2011 don't forget that.
There is NOT an coding army behind that all, they have not server clusters to use for faster work and have no common building they could work at.
So come on, the world turns at the same speed even if you have to use RC4.
When it's done, it's done and you will know it.

Thank you.

:drinks:

Offline Blaubaer

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »
Schwarze Acht, you better should confess not having a clue about what's cooking instead of telling the same story again and again. In my opinion, the development of UP3 obviously is stopped.

Regards,
der Blaubär

Offline Beeps

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »
In my opinion, the development of UP3 obviously is stopped.

Well, that's your opinion. And as you know, that does not mean it is correct.

Personally, I have no idea on the development either, but I don't care as I am still enjoying RC4 and adding new mod maps and planes to it all the time.

Enjoy what you have. It was FREE.

Offline Schwarze_Acht

• UP_DevTeam
  • IL2 Addict
    • 1st BF 109 Tiger Wing
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2012, 09:44:57 PM »
Well, there was a little chance to build a bridge between interested users and the development but I think that saying NOTHING (as the others do) is much better, it keeps me away from reading such unqualified comments as you made....

If you look into a mirror you will find the one which is really interested about your opinions about UP development....

Offline StG77_HaDeS

• Administrator
  • IL2 Addict
    • IL2 Ultr@Pack
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2012, 12:59:01 AM »
Sorry for being absent for some time. There will be the necessary details and thoughts, please be patient a couple of days.

Cheers :drinks:

Offline Mabroc

« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2012, 01:15:49 AM »
Hi Hades!!! Good to see you around again. The "Are we there?" question is starting to get annoying hehehe. But is all your team fault for make such an outstanding MOD package that everybody want the next version NOW!!

Maybe a twitter account for the UP team? So they can type from time to time what they are testing or trying to debug, add, etc? Because we already now that you are working on the next UP, but showing some hints on the progress is always better to calm the masses...

Offline Ldrtom

« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2012, 01:48:03 AM »
Schwarze_acht I'm only asking like Mabroc said I would just like to know what yall are testing and such. I know that people are doing this for free and have lives but their is no need to fly off the handle and say stuff that I've read in past posts. I have patience and to tell you the truth I didn't know about the UP 3 RC4 hot fix patches until bout 2 weeks ago or that their was a UP 3.1 coming out. As Mabroc said "showing some hints on the progress is always better to calm the masses" as I've been told before in life "it's always better to say something about it than to get all worked up about it". I have nothing more to say.

-Ldrtom
               Leader of Squad 54 airsoft & IL2 aerobatics

Offline Beeps

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2012, 03:50:02 AM »
Schwarze_acht I'm only asking like Mabroc said I would just like to know what yall are testing and such...I have nothing more to say.

Ldrtrom, I think the reason you got the reply that you did, was that you never said words like 'Please' and 'Thank You'. 

:drinks:

Offline ChiefKim

« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:42 AM »
Only thing I have to say is, we're getting this stuff for free.....consider that before you rant

Offline Ldrtom

« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2012, 05:37:49 AM »
Since when has asking questions been called ranting?! Plus I haven't seen anyone else use "please" or "thank you" on here. Obliviously he took it the wrong the way(most people have done this to me in my lifetime). Can't anyone on here just answer questions like a civilized person instead of being up in arms over it. For now I'm going to try to keep to myself while drink some scotch 'n' coke and relax.  :beach:

Offline Beeps

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
For now I'm going to try to keep to myself while drink some scotch 'n' coke and relax.

Amen brother.
 :beer:

Offline Mastiff

« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »
Well, there was a little chance to build a bridge between interested users and the development but I think that saying NOTHING (as the others do) is much better, it keeps me away from reading such unqualified comments as you made....

If you look into a mirror you will find the one which is really interested about your opinions about UP development....
well lets see I looked into the mirror and I saw no work being done on the further developement on UP.. sorry could'nt resist. lol
US Army MP, DSS/EP, CDCr;
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
R3E||i7x970x8cores||GSkillz8gb1600||GTX580||ATX120 0Corsair||SBTitanium7.1||Win7x64||
TrackIr4Pro||Saitekst290pro||SaitekpedalsPro||X52ThrottleCntrlr||G15Keyboard||
Ratz7Mouse||32 1080p LCD 120hrz||2x 7inch lilliputs lcd1x9inc||Turtlebeach 5.1earforceZ6a

Offline 68th_Charos

• UP_DevTeam
  • Be quick or be dead...
    • Tom Z - Warbirds
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
Hi 2 all - I think all pilots which cry for the UP-Final-Release do not work on it - SO IT WILL TAKE AS LONG AS IT TAKES...instead of screaming or jelling use your creativepower to do usefull things !!!!
Better an update or final which takes 6 month or more than having a bugged version...bye to all...Charos

Offline MANYSH

• UP_DevTeam
  • IL2 Addict
    • BLACK WOLF FLYING SQUAD
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:16 PM »
Sorry for being absent for some time. There will be the necessary details and thoughts, please be patient a couple of days.

Cheers :drinks:

so ? ;)

« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »
Well Gentlemen  :dirol:,

what I was unlucky about was waiting for the end of 4.101 based RC stuff 1 and a half year.

Now there simply is no point to worry with anything around UP development status, because they surly will include the 4.11 with bugfix in the final UP.

And . . . even the HSFX has not finished that and will need time to bugfix and wait for the C1 patch for 4.11 ( even they are not ready with  :sarcastic: ). ( For all those thinking 4.11 cant be modded - wrong the HSFX will incloud it completely !, so UP should be similar  )

What you all Il2 mod pilots think about flying on RC4 running server for a while, for example ours, the LW10_Mission? Use the stuff we have an wait till first mod has finished on 4.11, than let us ask about the next!

S!

Frank

Offline Schutze

« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2012, 04:43:23 AM »
On SAS was mentioned that 4.11 will no be included due to the problems that every patch is pushing things in different direction and each time it needs to be cracked step by step.  If they would include 4.11 there would by official update on the situation.