Frontpage   Releases   Forum   Documents   Downloads   Links   Join Us!   Disclaimer   Contact Us

Author Topic: Mod Folder Not working  (Read 1013 times)

Offline PoorMansSniper

Mod Folder Not working
« on: March 16, 2012, 07:00:11 PM »
I was wondering, how do mod folders exactly work with UP 3.0? I've been having a lot of trouble with it, as it is not working for me. My main folder looks like this:

And the #UP# folder looks like this:

And I have made all the additions to the Config files in the mods folder as instructed for the F8 and Superjeep, yet they do not show up in-game. Any possible reasons/fixes?

Offline Heinrich

• aka Graf Zahl
    • Blaubär Club
Re: Mod Folder Not working
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:53 PM »
I don't know about these particular mods but I normally place mods in 'jsgmemods' and activate them with JSGME.exe.
Have you tried this?

GZ

Offline PoorMansSniper

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:49:35 PM »
Nope, still not working.

Offline PoorMansSniper

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »
Come to think of it, could having both HSFX and UP 3.0 installed at the same time (only UP is activated though) mess up the mod folders?

Offline Boomer

• Global Moderator
  • IL2 Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
I was wondering, how do mod folders exactly work with UP 3.0? I've been having a lot of trouble with it, as it is not working for me.

There is no support for modding UP3 on your own,
for reasons that it is too hard to help troubleshoot everyones unique installs as everyoine adds different things to there games then

The first release of UP3 came with a file called #UP#SampleFolder.rar
it contains what is needed to be able to Mod your UP3 game

WARNING!
The .ini files in the #UP#SampleFolder.rar are now outdated and will CRASH your game if it has been UPDATED since the first UP3
So,if your are now running UP3 RC4 which is the latest version and try to use the same .ini files as what is in the UPSamples folder your game will CRASH TO DESKTOP!

You,as the MODDER of your game,
would be responsible for updating the .ini files on your own

Or ,as a MODDER of your own game
You would be responsible for extracting the updated .ini files from the UP3 RC4 Updated SFS Files

So UP3 RC4 is modable,but really only for those who take the time to learn to Mod there game
there is NO support on how to Mod UP3 RC4 but the folder is there for those that know how or who would learn on there own

The UPSamples folder is more for MODDERS,to develop Mods for the game
rather than for individuals to add content or to Mod there game to play with

UP3 RC4 is a very comprehensive Mod package
developed for those who have difficulty adding Mods,and to make people compatible with each other Online
So in essence it should not be Modded in order for people to stay compatible

Too many false bug report,from those adding Mods and having trouble adding them
people adding Mods that conflict with UP3 etc. cause to much waisted time
and cause a false impression that there is bugs in UP3 that are individual faults from iether not adding Mods correctly
or adding mods that do not work well with other mods

So it become tiresome and time consuming,
 trying to distinguish real bug reports from individuals making mistakes adding mods or not adding mods properly

It seems no matter how much can be added to a Mod package,
people always still want more

So,in the end
the necessary folders are there in the first original download of UP3 to Mod or add Mods

But you do so at your own risk,and remember the files are now outdated and would need to be upgrade by you the end user if you want to Mod
As I mentioned,the UPsamples file is more for developers to make and test mods for UP3 than it is for players to add mods to play with

Maybe once UP3 is made into a final version,then the final .ini's could be released for those to Mod UP3
But then  again,they newest and latest .ini files can be extracted for those that know how or which to learn how to extract SFS Files

The extraction tool is freely available and any info needed for extracting SFS Files
so those that need to lean how, can learn if they want to

It is a Mod at your own risk,until a FINAL version is out there at least

Offline PoorMansSniper

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »
Ugh, so it appears that my only problem was that I didn't have my game updated to RC4, just RC3. After updating, they are working fine now.