Frontpage   Releases   Forum   Documents   Downloads   Links   Join Us!   Disclaimer   Contact Us

Author Topic: Is it possible to have red and blue recon targets on same DF  (Read 1124 times)

Offline No1_Jacko

Folks,
I was happily setting up recon targets both primary and secondary on a DF with the idea to have 3 recon targets fro the red team and 3 for the blue tam in a DF. I have now found that I can only set up all red or all blue recon targets in FMB. When I change the properties tab on one target to blue they chnage all other targets. Is correct. I wondered if this could be edited directly into the propertie file

cheers Jacko

Offline No1_Jacko

Re: Is it possible to have red and blue recon targets on same DF
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
Ok I found the answer as it seems that targets can only be set for one side either red or blue but not both. I think this is a hang over from single player mode. Where as in DF mode it would be perfectly acceptable to have  both red and blue targets on the same mission.

What a pity.

Is it possible then to make the request to introduce this as part of a next update. Maybe its too difficult because of the engin that manages the mission objectives. I think it is a good step to be able to award bonus points for either side on meeting target objectives at the same time. Maybe thee are some gright ideas out there that can help get around this feature

Offline |ZUTI|

• Global Moderator
  • IL2 Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »
Am, you have different targets? For instance, one side has DESTROY, other side would have DEFENCE. So, things are there.

Offline JG54_Emil

• IL2 Addict
    • JG54 "Grünherz"
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
Am, you have different targets? For instance, one side has DESTROY, other side would have DEFENCE. So, things are there.

As far as I know it doesn´t work that way.

In FMB you can assign a target anyway you want, mut in the mission it will show up as that target for everyone.
Meaning if you assign it to be defended by red, blue will see it as a defence target aswell.
JG54 is recruiting!
Check our Website:
www.IIJG54Gruenherz.org
www.Gruenherzjaeger.de

Offline santobr

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »
Wrong, when it is a defence target for red, it is an attack target for blue, so we need to chose only one point of view, red or blue and make the entire mission without change it.
Explaining better, all the targets need to be only red or only blue, never red and blue in the same mission. ;)
But there is not attack or defence for recon targets, this is the problem. :not_i:

santobr.

Offline No1_Jacko

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 08:22:45 AM »
Hi  santobr, :clapping:
The recon target is the problem I was having I can not get a blue and a red recon target set up on the same DF to give each side a chance to get points for achieving a recon objective. Example I wanted red to recon a radar station on the blue side of the front line and at the same time allow blue to recon an artillery poistion on the red side of the front line

Offline No1_Jacko

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:18:47 AM »

So thinking about this comment a bit more to simulate a recon point for either side I guess you could set destroy targtet for red at destruction level to 0% and a defence target for blues. No idea if that will work so will play tonight when I get home.

Offline RPS69

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
In war, there is allways an attacking side, and a defending side.

Keep that allways in mind when you design missions or campaigns.

You may build multi objective missions, but it is better to keep it simple.

Have one primary objective, defend for one side, attack for the other.

On your example in particular, I would place two hidden targets affecting the recon planes. For the friendly recon, to survive until x time when it must have landed. For the enemy recon, a hidden destroy target until landed.

Every time you are going to build two sided missions, use hidden targets. They act as primary targets, and can't be seen by nobody flying the mission.

All targets must be one sided, still it is far better to keep it simpler than that. One primary, and one or two secondary is more than enough!