Frontpage   Releases   Forum   Documents   Downloads   Links   Join Us!   Disclaimer   Contact Us

Author Topic: Final version  (Read 8239 times)

Offline 68th_Charos

• UP_DevTeam
  • Be quick or be dead...
    • Tom Z - Warbirds
Final version
« on: July 17, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
xxx - Sorry for this post - xxx - I was set into developer-team by HaDez - but I must confess that I only would test Missions,Maps,Vecihlces and planes if I get a Beat-Version - so I`m no real developer...

Charos

Offline MANYSH

• UP_DevTeam
  • IL2 Addict
    • BLACK WOLF FLYING SQUAD
Re: Final version
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »
From this what I see You are member of Dev team, so what you can do , to help us with next update ? I understand you join this group for reason....

Offline MOG_Hammer

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:04:51 AM »
Sorry to put it this way, but seeing devs that asks those silly questions tells a lot about UP3.0 (or 3.1) state...

Cheers!

Offline BeoWolf

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »

If I were the general community I for one would hope there is never a "Final"  :nono: version of UP, that would mean they are finished. ........... :suicide:       :rip:.IL2  I hope they are never finished even if it means we are on UP3RC245!

Cheers

Party On IL2 and Ultra Pack.................... :party0023: :character0029:

Offline Diving_Hawk

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »
It creates a very bad impression when rumors are heard that UP is stuck and stuff like that.  And you know rumors spread like wildfire sometimes.

It is clear to me by visiting this site that there are still people that are working for UP and I don't mind waiting another half a year or so.
I'm not in Dev team so the best I can do is leave everyone do their part and not bring more worries to them.

But wouldn't it be better to say "Look guys, UP3 has a long way ahead, don't expect it in like 10 days or so, it might take more months". I think it would somehow kill the needless rumors about UP3 doing that, and UP3 doing the other

Anyway I post this with full respect to everyones work here.

Offline bomberkiller

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 02:16:32 AM »
I hope they are never finished even if it means we are on UP3RC245!

Hi BeoWolf,

you'd forgotten the 4:D

Right is: UP4RC245   :yahoo:

(nothing but a little joke, please forgive me...  :blush2:)

Regards, Gerhard

Offline MANYSH

• UP_DevTeam
  • IL2 Addict
    • BLACK WOLF FLYING SQUAD
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »
OK It is time to say something...
 As you all know working on mod packs is very hard and time consuming job, many things is very problematic to fix, addopt, etc. After last release some of the  people decided to take a break,and focus on real life, so  there is no enough hands to work that all ! since I join this group I working seven hours per day, to track all issues and fix them if i can, I don't even  remember when I play last time, and it is very exhausting work. So all please  stop asking when will be next update or finall version because it is no point, I can say won't be ready for next week or next month.We will speed up only, if more people will help to get this done, I personally have real life too,and need rest sometimes, like all.

http://make-everything-ok.com/
 :friends:

Offline bomberkiller

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
http://make-everything-ok.com/

:clapping:  :taunt:  :D  :lol ...thank you for that link...

wbr, gerhard

Offline Diving_Hawk

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
OK It is time to say something...
 As you all know working on mod packs is very hard and time consuming job, many things is very problematic to fix, addopt, etc. After last release some of the  people decided to take a break,and focus on real life, so  there is no enough hands to work that all ! since I join this group I working seven hours per day, to track all issues and fix them if i can, I don't even  remember when I play last time, and it is very exhausting work. So all please  stop asking when will be next update or finall version because it is no point, I can say won't be ready for next week or next month.We will speed up only, if more people will help to get this done, I personally have real life too,and need rest sometimes, like all.

Thx Manysh for this post. It will clear the BS that is heard.
 :good:

Offline Capt.Stubing

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »
HI Manysh,

Thank you for your last post to try and clear the air in terms of the Future of UP.  I've heard other rumors from people in the know there isn't any development taking place at the moment.  It's now being discussed within our squad and several other squads on our virtual War Server "Ghost Skies" forums.  We aren't looking to get any sort of date on a final release but it would be nice to see something official from some of the main players of UP.  As it stands now we are kicking the tires of going to HSFX if UP doesn't have future support which is really starting to look that way.  We have also been doing some internal testing on the latest release and have notice many changes that weren't in the original UP RC3 release.

Can someone like Hades comment? 

Capt.Stubing

Offline Beeps

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 06:56:22 AM »
Can someone like Hades comment?

Stubing. I think MANYSH has answered your query in the above post. Hades might chime in, but as far as I know he is taking a break.

Also,posting in other forums that you are coming in here to 'stir up some questions' might actually work against you in terms of getting a straight answer.

(Yes I am referring to this post: http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/index.php?topic=11993.msg83636;topicseen#new)

Offline Capt.Stubing

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 07:30:51 PM »
Well if you actually took the time to read the thread you linked you would see the post in here is harmless and meant to get at real response.  Since this is the first time youve ever responded and I've never seen Manysh on these forums it's difficult to tell who is who. Add in the fact you guys swap people in and out like underwear it makes it even more challenging to get trustworthy information. As I mentioned my vsquad along with about 8 others have real concerns over the development of UP or the lack there of.  Our Devs have spent a lot of time adapting UP into Ghost Skies.  We look forward to the continual support if there is any.   

Not to mention some of the comments here and other places is raising concern

Thanks for your kind response. 

Offline II/JG54_Falck

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
While I disagree with Stubing a lot, he's spot on here.

A lot of people enjoy the game on servers that are currently running UP3, and just not knowing if we're even supposed to be waiting for anything new to come out is frustrating. Nobody is telling you to work harder and make a release, but we would like to know if there are still any kind of solid plans going forward or if UP is stuck in limbo.

Offline BeoWolf

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
It's moving forward, slowly but surely, people are working on it, taking on responsibilities, delegating work, and bringing it along.  Be patient, go download Histomod, HSFX 6.0.1 or DBW if you need something new.  Or go read the tutorials on modding and then ask for guidance on how to do Mods from those that "DO" and "YOU"......  :taunt:..... yes YOU can be a Change Agent to expedite the release of UP3RCxxxxxxxx.............. :friends: :clapping: :good:

:character0029: :party0023: :party0046: :party0031:

Cheers

Offline Capt.Stubing

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 12:00:14 AM »
It's moving forward, slowly but surely, people are working on it, taking on responsibilities, delegating work, and bringing it along.  Be patient, go download Histomod, HSFX 6.0.1 or DBW if you need something new.  Or go read the tutorials on modding and then ask for guidance on how to do Mods from those that "DO" and "YOU"......  :taunt:..... yes YOU can be a Change Agent to expedite the release of UP3RCxxxxxxxx.............. :friends: :clapping: :good:

:character0029: :party0023: :party0046: :party0031:

Cheers

Thank you for the encouraging words...  It will be passed along for those that are eager to hear something new.  Good luck with the work and it's highly appreciated.

Captain of the Love Boat out!

Offline Beeps

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 05:37:42 AM »
Well if you actually took the time to read the thread you linked you would see the post in here is harmless and meant to get at real response.  Since this is the first time youve ever responded and I've never seen Manysh on these forums it's difficult to tell who is who. Add in the fact you guys swap people in and out like underwear it makes it even more challenging to get trustworthy information. As I mentioned my vsquad along with about 8 others have real concerns over the development of UP or the lack there of.  Our Devs have spent a lot of time adapting UP into Ghost Skies.  We look forward to the continual support if there is any.   

Not to mention some of the comments here and other places is raising concern

Thanks for your kind response.

It was obviously NOT a kind response. Sorry about that, but your tone was annoying.

The thing is, everyone that comes on here to demand a response and straight answers seems to have some misaligned sense of entitlement.

Remember UP is FREE. If we were paying for all of this, I could understand it all. I am new to modding, and I  have heaps to learn. BUT I am already discouraged by the attitudes I find in the community.

I can now see why some of the UP elders are on extended vacation.

It's exactly as BeoWolf mentioned above, there are other mods available if the current version of UP is not good enough for you.

Offline Capt.Stubing

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
Glad you picked up on my sarcasim...  I didn't demad anything so I'm not sure where you get this "tone" sort of thing.  Perhaps you prejudged the situation.  I've been flight simming since the mid 80s.  That means I have lived with "modding" for some time now especially through the Falcon 4 years (since 1998 and going).    I have NEVER expected anything from devs that do things for free.   

The community is why you do modding right? 

Like I said my squad is very active in one of the main Real Time Virtual War servers that is vested in UP.  That's about 80-100 people wanting to understand what is really happening especially given some of the recent comments by other ADMINS and other Forum posts.  Perhaps when people ask you should attempt to be a bit more patient.   

Offline Beeps

• UP_DevTeam
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
I've been flight simming since the mid 80s.  That means I have lived with "modding" for some time now

Then surely you would be used to waiting for 'two weeks'? :whistle: :D

Seriously though, what i am getting at lies in what you said here:
That's about 80-100 people wanting to understand what is really happening especially given some of the recent comments by other ADMINS and other Forum posts.

Why?

Is RC4 really so bad that 80-100 people are unhappy about it? Sure there were some bugs in some features, but everyone I fly online with seems pretty happy with it. So what's the rush for an answer? That was what drove my 'entitlement'  and 'demand' argument.

If  those 80-100 people would start using another modpack (for whatever reasons) are you saying they would completely ignore the next UP release? I think most would grab it for a look.

Personally,I find UP to be the best modpack around, so I'm not worried if the next one is not out tomorrow or not.

If the current version does not have the features your pilots want,there are other forum communities where most mods are posted before they are even compiled for UP. Maybe get involved in those if that is the issue?
It's not that hard to learn how to add mods,maps and planes to your existing install.

Anyway, I know statements had been made about the future direction of UP, and that got everyone excited about the new shiney thing.  But obviously since then, things have changed, so as Beowulf mentioned above, we all need to have more patience.

Offline Capt.Stubing

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
I think it's more about some of the nagging issues still left over in RC4 and what the future holds especially after expectations have been set.  I'm sure you can appreciate we are running a server with custom code that uses RC4.  Let me be clear nobody demanded anything.  Like most people I and others would like to see what the group has to say.  It's been pretty quiet around here from the Normal Faces we see.  Add in the fact there are other folks running UP that have made some comments that left a lot of people wondering.  Curiosity is a very powerful motivator for asking questions.  When it's met with harsh words it puts a bad spin on things.

I like RC4 but it's certainly not without its faults adding in the last set of TD changes and RC4 changes to FMs have a lot of people confused and it creates suspicion around plane matchups.  90 Percent of the arguments involve changes to the FMs.  There shouldn’t be any mystery here.  Add in the fact there are some really old and nagging issues with some of the planes.  One of mine is getting your 109 gun site taken out will actually shift the shooting over to where the broken gun site is now pointing. (down and to the right) 20MM flipping is another but I digress.
Anyway…  We have our answer for now.  We will continue to look forward to what you guys are working on.  Again it is appreciated.

Offline Anto

• Joint Operations
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
I do not want to throw fuel onto the fire and at the same time, I don't want those with false hope to continue living with it.

I've not heard from HaDeS in a while and last time I talked to him, he was very busy with real life issues. As for Zuti, he hasn't been heard from in an even longer time. Currently the major issues surrounding UP3 involve bugs with and compatibility issues with the MDS code. This code is incredibly complex and is enmeshed throughout the core classes of UP3. Though the source code has been shared with a few select trusted modders (myself included), it is by far too difficult to folllow and in reality, only its creator Zuti knows how it works. To top it off, it has made it impossible for any other mods touching core classes to be integrated with it (for example, features of the SAS AI Engines Hotkeys Carrier mod and Il-2 1956 v1.2).

Therefore, I will not say that UP3 is dead as that is not the case. BUT without Zuti returning to work on MDS (and most of all, with other coders), AND for HaDeS to take the helm, it is unlikely that UP3 will move forward. As the last few months have shown, it will remain in stasis til the date they both return. There are a few of the original team here who are working on bits and pieces, but the majority of the helpers for the initial UP3 release are at DBW working hard on new mods.
109 or 110 Pilot? II./Jagdgeschwader 53 are recruiting from Europe, USA and Australia now! - www.iijg53.com

Aviator Modding