Frontpage   Releases   Forum   Documents   Downloads   Links   Join Us!   Disclaimer   Contact Us

Author Topic: Original sounds and "personal" air.ini ???  (Read 1519 times)

Offline King-Kuusamo

• Breakwater - Best band that never was
    • Photos, home county, life
Original sounds and "personal" air.ini ???
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »
Hello, guys! Does anybody knows how can I get the original sounds to my UP3??? And can I maby somehow fix/modify my air.ini, leaving there only planes I want??? (Example Spitfires sooo many...) Thanks in advance very much if/when somebody can help me!!!
´Breakwater - Best band that never was´

Offline Diving_Hawk

Re: Original sounds and "personal" air.ini ???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »
Air ini is easy to do.
Just remove the entries you want by notepad or similar program then the aircraft won't appear ingame.

Note however if it is for online use you might have trouble with server altering your UP installation. Best keep your old ini just in case you want it back.

For sounds, well there must be a way but I don't know it.

Offline King-Kuusamo

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »
Thank you Hawk! Well, I can open and fix that air.ini just like you wrote with "OLD" UP2, but I cant find either that old FILES or inside that AIR.INI, there just is not those old files. So... what about then, do you please have more ideas about my problems...??? By the way, I just only play against computer. Waiting your possible next answer... -Keijo-

Offline Diving_Hawk

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »
The reason you can't find the air ini is because by default it is compressed in UP3RC4 in SFS.
In your download there was a #UP#sample folder.

Extract that, then grab it and place it in .C:/...../Ubisoft/Il2 Sturmovik to the game main folder
Basically this is the old "mod folder"

Now go inside UP and you'll find your air.ini in there in the place you expect it to be like UP2.

Btw if you did not keep the DL don't panic , there's also a manual way to do it.

About the sounds, a start would be to disable up sounds SFS archives by RC but since I don't know if that alone can suffice plz wait till someone that knows more about this answers.

Offline King-Kuusamo

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 02:26:26 PM »
 :clapping: Thank you very very very much!!!  :good: I did like you told, and now I really do have own air.ini, and it works! Great job, great Hawk! Original sounds still in my head "rounding, but I can anyway "manage-do-well" with UP3-sounds too, the most important was that air.ini. So have a nice day, with my best thanks and greetings: King  :yahoo:

Offline Diving_Hawk

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 03:41:02 PM »
Glad to help,

Anyway I don't know why you want stock sounds, but If I were you i would picka sound mod and install it, sth like Jivers or N1Ks if you want a light soundmod.

Does the game much better.

Offline King-Kuusamo

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »
Oookay, but where is that sound-mod you wrote? By the way, do you perhaps know what are the main differences between "Classic Mod", "SAS Modact 3", and "Ultrapack 3"? Flight-models or what? Which you like best? I have played Ultrapack.

Offline Diving_Hawk

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »
Ok let's start.

Unless you have some other pack installed ( like SAS modact or DBW and so on)
The selector options mean nothing. Up3 will be the one to load regardless of what you choose.

The selector can be usefull if you want to also have a 2nd modpack installed or want to change to stock.
(In other words selecting DBW in selector does not automatically launch DBW)

If you are wondering what each of these options for modded game offers,

1) SAS Modact and Classic modding mean that by using some tools(like the ones in SAS) you can build your own colection of mods.
But it's very hard to do ( not just a coincidence so few big packs exist) so better to stick to a big pack and put your mods on top of it.

2) UP3 of course you already know what it offers

3) DBW is specifically designed for offline use and is installed above UP. You might want to see this if you only play offline.

Now about the sound mods,
here is N1Ks thread: http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,5170.0.html
and here Jiver's one: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16999.0.html
Tiger's UV2 might also be interesting for you as it works 100% with UP3 but ever since UV3 came out I can't find link (UV3 is very good but a lot of UP users had issues with it and not minor ones. I don't recommend it especially if new to modding scene.)

Offline King-Kuusamo

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »
Allright, thank you again for information. I might think about those things you wrote, or then I just continue with the original UP3 sounds... Somehow I still miss those very old original sounds (IL2-1946), and I played that UP2 with those old sounds... Like I said, I just somehow liked them!  :music: Do I must to member of SAS-page to download their version of the game? Surely I do already like this UP3-version, anyway. Have you tried those Jiver´s sounds, are they how good?

Offline Diving_Hawk

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »
SAS site is not a big modpack but a mod creation site.
If we exclude DBW the rest of it is mods you can download and install. There is no such thing as SAS version of the game unless you refer to DBW.

anyway I don't think you have to register to download.

About the sound mod, sounds are highly personal matter and different sometimes among ppl. Yes I like both N1K and Jivers sound way more than stock or UP3.
That does not mean the same applies for you.