Forum > MDS Missions

MDS Missions Board

<< < (11/13) > >>

Snacko:
>> Download Snacko's new Mission Pack 3! <<

4 new MDS Missions:  :preved:
  * 170mph Carriers
  * KTO Korea - Bridges at Toki-Ri (Starring Snacko as William Holden as Brubaker)
  * Mtn River Battle
  * The Siege of Malta

Enjoy,
Snacko

AJD-NZ:
WARNING  :exclaim:

Many of the missions created before the release of UP3.0 will not work, especially if they contain Ship Pack carriers, used as moving home bases.
This is because in UP3.0 all of the ships have been consolidated into one list.

We all need to update our missions anyway, which I for one still need to do  :-[

:cheers:

Schwarze_Acht:
Changing those missions is very simple:
Use a DF server with 3.0, start there the mission.
The server will tell you which objects are faulty (client don't do!)
Now you know which ships or whatever will not be seen.
Now use the normal FMB and choose a fast loading map.
Into there you put the objects or ships or whatever you need, but do it one by one for a better reworking.
Now safe this mission.
Open both missions with an editor (I use notepad++)
Replace now the new name of the stored object with the one in the old map, that's it, if you start now the map you will see them.
Most important thing is, never save an old version map with 3.0!
3.0 will delete automaticly those faulty entries and all your names, and chief roads are lost!
Use as mentioned above a DF server first to see if the map would run without problems.

Forgot one thing:
Some squadron names are also affected and will be shown too.

:drinks:

Plowshare:
Hi folks:

Just need a clarification here.

--- Quote from: AJD-NZ on May 30, 2011, 01:12:14 PM ---WARNING  :exclaim:

Many of the missions created before the release of UP3.0 will not work, especially if they contain Ship Pack carriers, used as moving home bases.
This is because in UP3.0 all of the ships have been consolidated into one list.

We all need to update our missions anyway, which I for one still need to do  :-[

:cheers:

--- End quote ---

This is for JUST this ZUTI's MDS right? I never had MDS before but do have several boatloads of co-op missions that I'd like to convert over to UP3.0 - not necessarily into this MDS. I can just copy/paste those into the Missions>Net>coop>[folder] making sure to keep the new UP text at the top and bottom of the old mission?

Oh, partial answer to my question: I'll HAVE to change the ShipPack ships or they won't work. Okay, got that part.

Thanks for the patience.

Bob

ha_50:
there are other things you need to change also. objects and groups and squadrons and countrys etc or those things wont show up in the game

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version